Why do we love camping? Let me count the ways . . .
- Cool evening breezes
- The crackling campfire
- Chatting and joking in the dark tent before we fall asleep
- Hunting for geocaches
- Hiking to beautiful places
- S’mores! – need I say more?
- Getting away from modern life for a while. We love watching television, playing video games, and surfing the internet as much as any other 21st century family, but we love, love, love decompressing by spending a few days totally unplugged.
- Camping lets us do more travelling than we could if we stayed in motels. Our cost per trip is anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 what we’d pay if we weren’t camping. (The lodging cost and the cost for cooking our own meals versus eating at restaurants makes a huge difference.)
- Cooking outdoors – if grilling is a man’s dream come true, cooking over a campfire is next only to Heaven!
- Camping as a family gives us more time together. Instead of watching videos together or doing our own things all day long, we spend the time together hiking, playing games, and generally enjoying one another.
Why does your family love camping?